Tuesday, June 12, 2007

US Consulate General in Halifax (highly recommended)

Today, I went to the US Consulate General in Halifax for renewing my H1B visa stamp.
The place was so unbelievably laid back.

I saw 4 people who were late by at least 15 minutes!
And they still let them in, with a smile! That is so unheard of. It was pretty unbelievable.

Try to be late on your visa appointment in Jakarta, Indonesia. Good luck!
You will be very lucky if they (by they, I am referring to the not-so-smart-yet-cocky people who work guarding the front doors) don't yell right at your ear, telling you to go home and get the heck out of there, with all the snottiness and cockiness imaginable.

All I am saying is, you will be better off if you can do your visa thing in Calgary or Halifax. I did my first H1B visa stamp in Calgary. It was nice too. Halifax is for H1B renewal. They don't do first time H1B visa stamp.

Anyway, that's all the tidbits I've got about US visa. Hopefully this helps everyone who is looking to do the same thing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home